Peter Wheeler’s End of Days
Quite possibly the most bizarre vehicle to ever actually be built, the TVR Scamander RRV (Rapid Response Vehicle) was Peter Wheeler’s last project before he died. The project was started in 2003 and has been a work in progress up until now.
The idea is a go anywhere vehicle. Rough land, asphalt, and water is no match for the Scamander. It’s a one-off vehicle that was tested on Peter Wheeler’s own farm and is completely amphibious.
The details of the “car” are many. It has 11-inches of ground clearance, 11” travel in the front, 15” travel in the rear, double wishbone suspension all around, a pickup truck style bed, a sliding canopy, 3-seats with driver front & center, one seat folds down for a stretcher, and it has a mid-mounted 300hp V6 engine to which a rear propeller is attached.
Instead of side & rear view mirrors it has cameras with video screens inside and the driver visibility is unmatched due to panoramic windows and additional windows in the front wheel wells to see exactly what you’re driving over.
The Scamander looks like it was built in another galaxy and delivered to earth through a wormhole. This vehicle could probably make its way across Mars (if there was any air and water of course). Can you say Hollywood appearance?
The only unfortunate thing, Peter Wheeler never got to see the vehicle finished as he died in 2009 but thanks to his team of extraordinary engineers who have spent most of the 21st century making this vehicle a reality, it’s finally finished.
Check out some of the videos on youtube below.
4209 Notes/ Hide
- showingpeoplethings reblogged this from darkknightjrk
- geekatron85 likes this
- chrisdwoo reblogged this from sex-coffee-and-comicbooks and added:
- chrisdwoo likes this
- jinxasaurus likes this
- awellwaxedpaperdoorslidesopen reblogged this from sex-coffee-and-comicbooks
- awellwaxedpaperdoorslidesopen likes this
- darkknightjrk reblogged this from sex-coffee-and-comicbooks
- sex-coffee-and-comicbooks reblogged this from darkknightjrk
- schaefhaslotsofdice reblogged this from motoriginal
- samtheromantic reblogged this from ashadowruncampaign
- samtheromantic likes this
- dubtechmeister reblogged this from gearheadsandmonkeywrenches
- chroniclesofamber likes this
- hotrodsandshit reblogged this from mariojrlacalavera
- strangefour likes this
- perssek likes this
- jliggs reblogged this from gearheadsandmonkeywrenches
- lucariwhoa reblogged this from ashemountain
- lucariwhoa likes this
- ashemountain reblogged this from church-of-cyberpunk
- tuchankatankatu reblogged this from church-of-cyberpunk
- sparkingtimepiece reblogged this from m-03
- akkiki likes this
- bulbapod reblogged this from m-03
- pantylessmermaids likes this
- m-03 reblogged this from roystealer
- roystealer reblogged this from theprettiestpinkpony
- theprettiestpinkpony reblogged this from thattallsummonerguy
- inhumangodd reblogged this from encyclopedia-satanica
- inhumangodd likes this
- angelkiller777 likes this
- tylerlburns likes this
- encyclopedia-satanica reblogged this from ssspectraldistortions
- ssspectraldistortions reblogged this from roguetelemetry
- teksorbkyva likes this
- arkenon reblogged this from cybermax
- cybermax reblogged this from roguetelemetry
- pp-dd likes this
- judges119 likes this
- andyaderintotrellicktower likes this
- cybermax likes this
- heruezra reblogged this from good-art-inspiration
- good-art-inspiration reblogged this from church-of-cyberpunk
- iamthewizurd likes this
- muyfragil reblogged this from church-of-cyberpunk
- sex-coffee-and-comicbooks likes this
- nightwing890 likes this
- johnnnnnyb reblogged this from church-of-cyberpunk and added: