Need to vent…about the auto industry
These days, I’m really pissed at the way the auto industry is headed and one thing that pisses me off the most is hearing about another sports/supercar company bringing a useless SUV to the market.
I say useless because I don’t mind SUVs, as long as they are truly built for sport UTILITY. I’ve always liked the Rambo Lambo, the Merc G-Wagon, and the Hummer H1 because they’re ridiculously cool and can be used OFF ROAD.
I lost a lot of respect for Porsche when they came out with the Cayenne and Panamera (a new crossover is in the works based on the Audi Q5 too..blah!) and now Lamborghini and Maserati will be joining the "Lost My Respect" club. Since VW/Audi has ownership of Lambo, the new SUV/crossover will basically be a VW with Lambo badges.
Audi with Lambo engine - cool, Lambo SUV with Audi engine - uncool!
A Maserati SUV based on a Chrysler platform?!? Pleeease!!! I don’t care who thinks it “looks great”, it will be made for those with too much money and too little taste.
You want a nice-looking SUV with loads of extras? Buy the friggin’ VW Toureg…you want a Maserati, buy a GranTurismo.
Fiat has been screwing up a lot lately, I’m just glad they haven’t found a way to screw up Ferrari yet…Fingers crossed they never will.
So here’s a Fuck You! to VW and Fiat who have been slowly exploiting great car companies for profit and ruining them in the process.
Oh that’s right, Bentley SUV in the works too now. In the words of R.E.M., it’s the end of the world as we know it…
Okay, venting over…back to enthusiast heaven.
38 Notes/ Hide
- jason-ba reblogged this from motoriginal
- h3h likes this
- charlesalberti likes this
- coolyourbears said: ha the Cayenne isn’t perfect for off road but it still can go off road
- past-out likes this
- iamanexistentialgiven likes this
- timelesstides likes this
- just-white-girl-things reblogged this from motoriginal and added:
- theaccidentalstarthrower likes this
- l-ours likes this
- em-ti-jingles likes this
- itsjavierstupid likes this
- thechicane said: Probably best to not mention this nonsense: astonmartin.co.uk/cars/…
- carswithcurves likes this
- warringheart likes this
- thorunner reblogged this from motoriginal
- jimgolden reblogged this from motoriginal and added:
- godwhatshouldinamemytumblr reblogged this from motoriginal
- harddriven likes this
- desires-wants-needs likes this
- iwillbuildyouacastle said: Ferrari did come out with the that Joke, called the FF.
- thesarahnade likes this
- harlandhalodine said: My thoughts exactly! Maserati has only severely tarnished their brand for me… but where I get mad is Bentley’s in-the-works SUV. Who needs that? Or Mini with the Countryman. If its not part of your heritage, don’t make it.
- be-n likes this
- 5thshotofjd likes this
- zimmyrhino likes this
- iamstig likes this
- ayothewuisback said: i agree completely. what happened to the days when cars were cars?
- ayothewuisback likes this
- motoriginal posted this